Queen Elizabeth has sent a message of condolence on Friday, 16 November 2018, following the recent wildfires in California, where more than 1,000 people remain missing.
At least 63 people are confirmed dead in what is described as the nation’s deadliest wildfire in one hundred years.
About 52,000 people have been evacuated to shelters, homes of friends and relatives, motels and even a Walmart car park and a nearby field in Chico.
Dozens remain in hospital following injuries, most with severe burns from 20 to 50 per cent of their bodies.
According to reports, many don’t know if their homes survived the wildfires.
Prince Philip and I offer our deepest sympathies to the people of California, who continue to suffer from the devastating fires across the state.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the victims, and to all those who have lost their homes and livelihoods. I pay tribute to the courage and dedication of the US emergency services and the volunteers that have provided support.
About 9,800 homes, including those in the town of Paradise which has been completely destroyed, in the blaze.
Search and rescue workers have pulled bodies from burnt homes and cars, but it was said in many cases, the victims may have been reduced to bits of bone and ash.
US President blamed the cause of wildfires on forest mismanagement when asked if climate change was a contributing factor.
Mr Trump had said, ‘Maybe it contributes a little bit. The big problem we have is management.’
The US President is scheduled to visit the town of Paradise, which had been completely destroyed.
Firefighters are said to have 45% of the fire contained.
The President and First Lady met Queen Elizabeth II during a visit to the United Kingdom in July 2018.
Please support Right Royal Roundup by subscribing for only A$10 per month or A$100 per year (with a $20 saving) by clicking on one of the buttons below.