The Royal pastry chefs are excited to share their ‘Spiced Easter Biscuits’ recipe to enjoy over the Easter weekend.
350g plain flour
5g bicarbonate of soda
10g ground ginger
125g unsalted butter
175g light soft brown sugar
60g golden syrup
2 egg whites
600g icing sugar
Food colouring of your choice!
• Preheat the oven to 170℃ (340℉).
• Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices in a bowl
• Add the diced butter and mix until a crumb texture
• Add the sugar
• Once all of the above is combined, add the egg and golden syrup
• Mix until a dough is formed
• Roll the dough to a thickness of 5mm
• Use biscuit cutters or a paper pattern to cut into the desired shape
• Place the biscuits on a non-stick mat, or parchment paper and bake on the middle shelf for 12-15 minutes
• Bake until the biscuits maintain their shape when touched and are golden in colour
• Cool completely before icing
• Add 1 egg white to 600g of icing sugar and beat until smooth
• The icing should pipe smoothly and be able to hold when piped as a line
• To cover all the biscuits with icing add extra egg white to thin the mixture
• Decorate and enjoy!
Now It’s Your Turn
How about giving this recipe a go?
Anyone is welcome to share their creations on The Royal Family’s social media channels, by tagging #RoyalBakes.