The chefs in the Royal kitchens have shared their recipe for making the perfect Gingerbread House for Christmas.
Here is all the details if you wish to make it at home.
- 1000g – Plain Strong Flour
- 14g – Bicarbonate of Soda
- 28g – Ground Ginger
- 14g – Ground Cinnamon
- 355g – Butter, unsalted
- 500g – Light Brown Sugar
- 140g – Egg
- 175g – Golden Syrup
1. Mix flour, bicarbonate and spices together
2. Add cold diced butter and continue mixing until crumb stage is reached
3. Add sugar and briefly combine
4. Then add eggs and syrup and mix until dough is formed
5. Divide into 2 blocks, knead together by hand and flatten
6. Wrap and chill for a few hours before rolling to approx. 5mm thickness for the house parts and approx. 3mm for smaller decorative parts
7. Cut gingerbread house shapes using template
8. Place on baking trays and chill again before baking
9. For windows, crush boiled sweets into the spaces you have cut
- Fan oven 165℃
- 18+ min for house pieces
- 12+ min for smaller pieces
- 1500g – Icing Sugar
- 200g – Egg White
- 50g – Lemon Juice
1. Sieve icing sugar and combine with egg white and lemon juice by hand first before placing into mixer
2. Paddle together on low speed for about 2min, then scrape sides and paddle well
3. Continue mixing on low speed for approx. another 5min, until a creamy hard peak consistency is reached.
4. For piping, decoration works loosen icing with some water
5. To assemble gingerbread house use hard peak icing
See The Video
Please support Right Royal Roundup by subscribing for only A$10 per month or A$100 per year (with a $20 saving) by clicking on one of the buttons below.