Queen Margrethe II of Denmark hosted a gala banquet in the Great Hall at Christianborg Palace to mark Crown Prince Frederik’s 50th birthday.
Guests from Denmark and abroad, including visiting royalty (see below), join in the celebrations with the Danish Royal Family with a music programme by the Band of the Royal Life Guards.
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary arrived in a barouche from Frederik VIII’s Palace to Christianborg Palace, escorted by the Guard Hussar Regiment’s Mounted Squadron.
The barouche, which is housed in the Royal Mews, was made in 1906 and has been used for many special occasions including Queen Margrethe’s and Prince Henrik’s wedding on 10 June 1967 and Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary’s wedding on 14 May 2004.
Visiting Royalty and Heads of State
- King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden
- Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden
- Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
- King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of the Belgians
- King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima of the Netherlands
- Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg
- Hereditary Prince Alois and Heredity Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
- President of Iceland, Guoni Th Johannesson, and First Lady Eliza Reid.
50th Birthday Postage Stamp
A commemorative postage stamp has been released by Tele-Post in Greenland to mark this special day.
All of Denmark Celebrates The Crown Prince
A Birthday Show was held in the Royal Arena as part of Crown Prince Frederik’s birthday celebrations on 27 May.
Other events included a dinner for the Crown Prince Frederik Foundation at Christianborg Palace on Friday, 18 May, the Royal Run on 21 May, and a reception aboard the Royal Yacht Dannebrog on Tuesday, 22 May, for his patronages.
Please support Right Royal Roundup by subscribing for only A$10 per month or A$100 per year (with a $20 saving) by clicking on one of the buttons below.