The Prince’s Palace of Monaco has said in a statement on Thursday, 19 March 2020, that Prince Albert II has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Prince Albert attends the Réunion Situation Epidémie Coronavirus on 3 March 2020.
Photo: © G Luci/Palais Princier de Monaco

Prince Albert, aged 62, was tested earlier this week for the disease.

At this stage, Prince Albert’s state of health is no cause for concern as his doctor and specialists from the Princess Grace Hospital Centre (CHPG) are closely monitoring the disease.

Prince Albert continues to work from the office in his private apartments but he is still contacting the members of his cabinet, his government as well as with his closest collaborators.

The statement also said, ‘His Serene Highness urges the people of Monaco to respect the confinement measures and to limit contact with others to a minimum.’

Prince Albert gave an address on Tuesday, 17 March 2020 from the Prince’s Palace, regarding the coronavirus epidemic.

Prince Albert’s address on the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic, with English Subtitles. Source: Palais Princier de Monaco

The Prince has had three meetings with his cabinet, with members of his government and cabinet and the health services representatives in Monaco, to tackle the coronavirus crisis.

Please support Right Royal Roundup by subscribing for only A$10 per month or A$100 per year (with a $20 saving) by clicking on one of the buttons below.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.