Queen Margrethe has cancelled all the Royal Family’s planned events and activities for her 80th Birthday in April, due to the coronavirus outbreak in Denmark.
The Danish Queen had returned from her winter holiday in Norway on Thursday, 12 March 2020.
The Danish Royal House has issued a statement from Queen Margrethe:
Denmark and the international community stand in a very difficult situation right now. We all have a special responsibility to show consideration for each other and together contribute to helping Denmark successfully get through the very big challenges the country faces. I therefore appeal that we all follow the government’s and the authorities’ directions and take care of each other.
I would like to direct a heartfelt thank you to the Danish healthcare personnel and the authorities, institutions, businesses and individuals displaying great decisive action and care for the Danish people so that we, together, can get through this difficult time.Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
80th Birthday Events Cancelled
- Opening of the exhibition “The Faces of The Queen” at Frederiksborg Palace
- Press briefing at Fredensborg Palace
- Reception of deputations
- Gala performance at the Royal Theatre’s Old Stage and coach ride
- “Children from Denmark’s municipalities celebrate HM The Queen” at Christiansborg Palace
- Gala dinner at Christiansborg Palace
- Morning wake-up celebration at Fredensborg Palace.
- The Royal Family’s appearance on the balcony at Amalienborg during the Changing of the Guard.
- A reception at Copenhagen City Hall and carriage procession.
- Private dinner and ball at Fredensborg Palace.
Please support Right Royal Roundup by subscribing for only A$10 per month or A$100 per year (with a $20 saving) by clicking on one of the buttons below.