As heir to the throne, Princess Ingrid Alexandra was invited to observe the Council of State meeting and received many congratulations from representatives of Norwegian officials on her 18th Birthday on Friday, 21 January 2022.
Council of State
Under Article 35 of the Norwegian Constitution, the heir is entitled to attend the Council of State as an observer, so she is unable to vote during the meeting.
Princess Ingrid Alexandra accompanied her grandfather, King Harald and her father Crown Prince Haakon into the Council Chamber at the Royal Palace.
King Harald and Crown Prince Haakon greeted the Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre and government ministers before the meeting commenced at 11.00 am
The Prime Minister and the other ministers also took the opportunity to congratulate Princess Ingrid Alexandra on her 18th birthday.
Congratulations from Norwegian Officials
Following the Council of State meeting, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, accompanied by her parents, the Crown Prince Couple met representatives from Norwegian Officials in the Small Ballroom to congratulate her upon her coming of age.
- The Storting (Norwegian Parliament) – President of the Storting Masud Gharahkhani and First Vice President Svein Harberg
- Norwegian Government – Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre, Minister of Finance Trygve Slagsvold Vedum and Secretary to the Government Anne Nafstad Lyftingsmo
- Supreme Court of Norway – Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Toril Marie Øie and Supreme Court Justice Jens Edvin A. Skoghøy
- Sámediggi (Sami parliament)
- The County Governors
- The diplomatic corps – more than 70 countries including United Kingdom, New Zealand and Canada, have embassies in Oslo. (However, the Australian embassy for Norway and Iceland is based in Copenhagen, Denmark.)
- The Norwegian Armed Forces
- Church of Norway,
- The Council for Religious and Life Stance Communities in Norway,
- The Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities
- City of Oslo – Mayor of Oslo Marianne Borgen
Several ambassadors, or their representatives, came to the Royal Palace also signed the official congratulatory register, which is usually the custom for important occasions for the Royal Family.
New Official Photos
The Royal Family also gathered at the Royal Palace to mark Princess Ingrid Alexandra’s 18th birthday.
Two new photos, taken by Kimm Saatvedt, shows three generations of the monarchy and a family photo.
Please support Right Royal Roundup by subscribing for only A$10 per month or A$100 per year (with a $20 saving) by clicking on one of the buttons below.